Discovery of books pivotal to Cornerstone's enrichment
"All of the top achievers I know are life-long learners... looking for new skills, insights, and ideas. If they're not learning, they're not growing... not moving toward excellence." --- Denis Waitley
- The Holy Bible: I have learned that the Bible has a practical remedy for every life situation. Whether it be for physical pain, a broken relationship, finances, decision-making, leaderhsip, communication, resolving conflict, anxiety, depression--you name it--a solution can be found in the Bible. It has been the foundation to my personal growth. I highly recommend it!
- Your Best Life Now, by Joel Osteen: What to jumpstart your life? Anxious to fuel your dreams? This could be the book for you. Joel offers 7 steps to living at your full potential. Each chapter is filled with a treasure of confidence builders and guidelines to help you to aspire to everything you were meant for.
- Life is a Verb, 37 Days to Wake up, Be Mindful, and Live Intentionally, by Patti Digh: This is a delightful read. It is definitely a "must have" in my resource library. Each chapter is written in story form and thus the take-away message is gleaned with fun and adventure. You won't get bored nor overwhelmed as you earnestly consider how to create a satisfying life if you only had 37-days to live. The artwork is amazing!
- The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch: This small book is enormous in life lessons. Randy wrote this book as a memoir for his three young childhood. He wanted to leave them "himself," his life learnings for their adult lives, well after cancer would take him away from his family. What also happens is that he's left a gem for the world. This is a tremendous read.
- The Dance of Connection, How to Talk to Someone When You're Mad, Hurt, Scared, Frustrated, Insulted, Betrayed, or Desperate, by Harriet Lerner, Ph.D.: I just started reading this book and had to tell you about it. The author teaches us how to find our voice during difficult discussions. Readers are given "voice lessons" that show us how to speak with honor and personal integrity, even when the other person behaves badly. Whether we're dealing with a partner, parent, sister, or best friend, this book teaches us how to navigate our most important relationships with clarity, courage, and joyous conviction.
- My Stroke of Insight, by Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D.: "A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey." What a book! It will open your mind to the fascinating mechanics of the brain. How it works! How the two lobes of the brain--extremely different--but works together as one unit. It'll help you to understand your own humanness, challenging you to own your power and be present in the moment. YOU have so much to offer. Don't deprive any person or situation of the uniqueness of YOU!
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, by Joseph Murphy, Ph.D., D.D.: When we can understand which part of our brain does what, then we can unleash the power of who we are. This is a must-read that can untie your concept of exercising the true freedom in who you are. It is filled with practical and inspiring lessons all backed up with real life experiences and Bible references.
- Don't Sweat the Small Stuff..., by Richard Carlson, Ph.D.: What a delightful book. A small book, short chapters that'll rivet how you deal with life challenges. So many times, it's easy to make problems bigger than they should be and we waste precious energy on "stuff" that until they are right-sized, don't need as much of our attention. You'll really enjoy this book!
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D. Whether you're working in corporate America or a stay-at-home mom or a student, this book is invaluable to reaching your full potential. We have the power to aspire to greatness. It's all in our mind. Do we see life as half-full or half-empty? We do have a choice. The level of our success is determined by our mindset. Do we function from a fixed mindset or a growth mindset. This is a must read as it approaches the mind is a thought-provoking way.
S p a r k i n g Y o u r W i l l T o S u c c e e d
Thank you for visiting...